Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Welcome to the Elysian Fields

Welcome to my blog! This site is created as my personal portal into the world of cinema, video games, media, current events, general technology (gadgets, etc.), dining and every once in awhile, my personal interests. It won’t always be agreeable but it’ll always be me. Since I'm just getting started, I'll start off by saying that this blog will most certainly be incendiary, hopefully witty, and ideally, a bit informative. I think I'm going to try instituting a point scale for my reviews, though the whole idea of assigning a numerical value to generally subjective experiences isn't really fair or accurate. Bear that in mind. Also, the way I'll approach it will be a bit different. Everything will be rated according to what I think it wants or is striving to be. Not what the status quo thinks everything in that segment should be. Here's a couple of quick examples: Transformers is NOT a good film but I thought it to be a fine movie. Why? Because it's a mindless summer blockbuster chalk full of fun special effects. That's all it's MEANT to be. For video games, not everything needs to have an amazing multiplayer experience and all games certainly DO NOT need to be sandbox titles. See where I'm going with this? Ok, good. Let's get started then, shall we?


Amusez-vous bien!

0 comments:

Post a Comment